Agriculture and Food Home
The Australian Department of Agriculture leads the development of policy advice and provides services to improve the productivity, competitiveness and sustainability of agriculture, fisheries, forestry and related industries:
- Through consultation with industry, we develop and implement policies and programs that help to assure product safety and integrity. Particular on-farm risk management that relates to food safety.
- We assist producers to make effective use of levies. For example, the National Residue Survey uses levies to facilitate access to international and domestic markets by providing residue testing services that meet market requirements.
- We support farmers and primary producers in managing periods of hardship and assist them in risk management, preparedness and future-planning.
- Through Codex Australia, we are involved in the work of the international Codex Alimentarius Commission. Codex coordinates the food standards that help protect the health of consumers and assist in ensuring fair trade.
In this section
- Assistance Measures
- National Drought Program Reform
- Farm Finance
- Rural Financial Counselling Service
- National Rural Advisory Council
- Exceptional Circumstances
Horticulture and Wine
- Regional Food Producers Innovation and Productivity Program
- Promoting Australian Produce
- Promoting Australian Produce (Major Events)
- Food Regulation and Safety
- International Food Standards Initiative
- Food Chain Resilience
- Organic and Biodynamic Produce
- Food Links
- Food Publications
- More about National Residue Survey
- Animal Product Residue Testing Program
- Plant Product Residue Testing Program
- Information for Industry
- Information for Laboratories
- NRS Publications
09 Dec 2013
09 Dec 2013