Passenger and Mail Import Inquiry

There are a range of goods that are not controlled by the Department of Agriculture.

Is your question about alcohol, tobacco products, currency, prescription medicines, weapons or samples for commercial/business use?

YES - These items are controlled by the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. Please send your query to

Is your question about bringing a pet animal to Australia?

YES - Please contact the Department of Agriculture's Live Animal Import Program.

NO - Continue to the next question.  

Last reviewed:
05 Jul 2013