Passenger and Mail Import Inquiry

​There are a range of goods that are not controlled by the Department of Agriculture.

Is your question about alcohol, tobacco products, currency, prescription medicines, weapons or samples for commercial/business use?

YES - These items are controlled by the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. Please send your query to

Is your question about bringing a pet animal to Australia?

YES - Please see the department's information about Live Animals and Reproductive Material.

NO - Continue to the next question. Next Page

Last reviewed:
25 Feb 2015